Monday, January 23, 2012

Heating Up a Lesson with Photo Booth


While learning about heat and thermal imaging today, one of my students quipped "My iPad has an app that takes those kinds of pictures."
"Hey, MY iPad will do that too!" I said. (Good thing I had a kid there to remind me of that app). So, of course an impromptu experiment began. We took thermal images using PhotoBooth and showed them on the document camera. Then I had the kiddos rub their hands (same kids from this post) together and snapped a picture real quick to see what color their hands were.  Then we compared the colors in the pictures to this scale from NASA's website.

Yet another use for iPad in the classroom!

1 comment:

  1. We are truly thankful for your blog entry. You will discover a great deal of methodologies in the wake of going to your post. I was precisely scanning for. A debt of gratitude is in order for such post and please keep it up.  photo booth

    ReplyDelete